The Director-General (Acting) of the DWS acting in terms of delegated authority, in terms of terms of item 6(1) of Schedule 3 read with section 72(1) of the NWA, revised the water usage limits in the Western Cape Water Supply System (WCWSS) as follows:
- By decreasing restrictions from 45% to 10% on all domestic and industrial water use;
- By decreasing restrictions from 60% to 10% on all Agricultural water use;
- The restrictions in (1) and (2) above are measured against lawful water allocations taken from surface and ground water resources of the WCWSS
- The limitations apply from the date of publication of this notice.
- Water abstractions from the system should be measured by a valid installed device as required by Government Notice No1394 of 12 January 2018.