PAIA (Promotion of Access to Information Act)
PART 1 - INTRODUCTION TO MACROBERT INCORPORATED
MacRobert Incorporated ("the Company") is an incorporated entity which conducts business as a law firm. MacRobert has offices in Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban. Mr A. Dormehl has been duly appointed as Information Officer, to act as the person to whom requests for access to information must be made in terms of the Act.
PART 2 – PARTICULARS OF THE INFORMATION OFFICER (section 51(1)(a))
Information Officer: Mr A Dormehl – General Manager
Private Bag x18
1062 Jan Shoba Street
Telephone and email
Telephone: +27 (12) 425 3400
PART 3 – INFORMATION ON THE ACCESS TO INFORMATION GUIDE (section 51(1)(b))
The South African Human Rights Commission ("SAHRC") has compiled a guide to assist the public with requests to access to information ("the Guide").
The Guide is available at the following website:
Alternatively you can contact the Company's information officer, as set out above, to provide you with a copy of the Guide.
PART 4 – NOTICE IN TERMS OF SECTION 52(2) (section 51(1)(c))
The Company has not published a notice in terms of section 52(2).
PART 5 – DESCRIPTION OF RECORDS THAT ARE AVAILABLE (section 51(1)(d))
The Company maintains records in terms of the following legislation, as far as required:
- Income Tax Act 58 of 1962
- The Unemployment Insurance Act 30 of 1966
- Income Tax Act 95 of 1967
- The Attorneys Act 53 of 1979
- The Legal Practice Act 28 of 2014
- Value Added Tax Act 89 of 1991
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 OF 1993
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993
- Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997
- The Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998
- The Skills and Development At 97 of 1998
- Promotion of Access of Information Act 2 of 2000
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002
- The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013
- The Cape Law Society Rules
- The Rules of the Northern Province Law Society
PART 6 – DESCRIPTION OF AVAILABLE RECORDS (section 51(1)(e))
The Company has the following records:
- Public Product Information
- Media Releases
- Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual
- Internal and external correspondence
- Financial Statements
- Financial and Tax Records (Company & Employees)
- Asset Register & Insurance information
- Banking details
- Employee Records
- Employment Contracts
- Personnel Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Operational Information
- Director information
- Client Information
- General Contract Documentation
- Company Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Trade Marks
- Statutory Records
- General Operational Information
- Organisational structure
- Organisation and personal profiles
- News and Publications
PART 7 – PROCESS TO APPLY FOR ACCESS TO INFORMATION (section 51(1)(e))
A requester must complete the application form and submit same to the Company's information officer, at the particulars indicated above.
The application form is available here.
The completed form must be accompanied by proof of payment of the prescribed application fee, as described below.
Upon receipt of the application form and proof of payment, as aforesaid, the Information Officer will consider the request. If the request is approved, the Information Officer will provide the applicant with a summary of fees payable in respect of the application. Upon receipt of payment the requested information will be supplied.
In the event of the application being denied, the Information Officer will inform the applicant and provide reasons for the decision.
PART 8 – FEES (section 51(1)(e))
The fees applicable to an application for information shall be as per the prescribed fees. A schedule of these fees is attached hereto. The schedule attached is subject to change in accordance with changes to the prescribed fees.
An application fee of R50.00 is payable in respect of each application for information. Proof of payment of the said fee must accompany the completed application form.
No fees are payable by persons who request information pertaining to their own affairs.